If you need to clear old deposits in QuickBooks or How do i delete a deposit in quickbooks desktop, the instructions below will come in handy.
Steps to Delete Duplicate Payments in QuickBooks
Duplicate payments can occur in QuickBooks if you accidentally enter the payment twice. You can easily delete duplicate payments in QuickBooks by following the steps below.
- To open the company file, open QuickBooks and then select the company file.
- When your company file is open, navigate to the Banking menu and select Make a Deposit from the list of options.
- In QuickBooks, select the line from which you want to delete duplicate payments and then click Edit.
- After you've chosen Edit, select Delete Line from the drop-down menu.
- To save the changes, click the Save button.
- Then, go to the List menu and select Chart of Accounts.
- To open the bank account register, double-click the undeposited funds.
Delete a Deposited Payment in QuickBooks
- Open QuickBooks and, from the dashboard, select the Record Deposits icon from the Banking tab.
- When the Payments to Deposit window appears, in the Make Deposits View section, click Cancel.
- Click on the specific deposit to delete payments in QuickBooks. If you can't find it, go back and look for that specific entry.
- Select Delete Deposit from the Edit menu.
- OK confirms the action in the warning message.
- You can easily undo a payment in QuickBooks by following these steps.